~THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR BUSINESS~
As you anxiously await the proofs from your session to be edited and sent to your email inbox, you can begin envisioning the final product. You've come this far... Scheduled the session, took off work, planned outfits, got to the studio on time, made it through your session alive! Now, the fun part truly begins!
Let's figure out how we're going to work our magic and get your photos from today all the way into the frame on your wall or album on your coffee table. We can do all the work, but we'll need your help to point us in the right direction. We absolutely love to create a one of a kind piece that fits YOUR home like a glove!
If you purchased the option for digital files, keep in mind that we can still help you with a one of a kind piece of artwork for your wall. There is nothing like a special piece that would be the first thing you grab in the case of a disaster. That one piece of artwork of your child that you will pass down in the family. Maybe it's a leather custom album, or maybe it's a torn edge print in a one-of-a-kind barnwood frame!
Consider this a guide of things to know, and what to do to help you make some notes before coming in for your proof appointment to place your order.
YOUR PROOFS WILL BE SENT TO YOUR EMAIL. YOU SHOULD EXPECT THIS EMAIL WITHIN 2-3 WEEKS OF YOUR SESSION. IF WE'RE A LITTLE LATE, NOT TO WORRY, WE'LL LIKELY BE JUST A FEW DAYS AT MOST BEHIND SCHEDULE. IF YOU DO NOT SEE THIS EMAIL WITHIN TWO WEEKS OF YOUR SESSION DATE, PLEASE CONTACT ME IN CASE IT WENT TO YOUR SPAM FOLDER.
1. CONSIDER FIRST, WHAT IS THE STYLE OF YOUR HOME? THIS WILL HELP ME PICK OUT THE BEST PIECE FOR YOUR HOME, SUCH AS A MODERN BLACK FRAME WITH WHITE MAT VS. A RUSTIC BARNWOOD FRAME. TAKE A LOOK AT SOME OF THE STYLE CHOICES LISTED BELOW.
Rustic (Lots of wood accents, warm colors, possibly darker overall)
Modern (straight lines, bright and airy, clean simple walls, not a lot of color)
Traditional (deep colored accents, cherry wood finish, fireplaces of stone or brick, wood floors)
Cozy/warm (bright colors, fun styles)
Shabby Chic (weathered white wood, pastels, girly accents like crystal)
Eclectic and whimsical (mixture of art and photography, mixture of vintage and new, colors that go together in an unmatched type of fashion)
CHECK OUT OUR HOME STYLE BLOG TO HELP GUIDE YOU IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.
2. WHERE DO YOU WANT TO DISPLAY THIS/THESE PIECE(s) OF ARTWORK OF YOUR CHILD/FAMILY? BEDROOM, LIVING ROOM, DINING ROOM, BATHROOM, KITCHEN, ENTRY WAY, ETC...
3. WHAT IS THE APPROXIMATE SIZE OF THE SPACE YOU NEED TO FILL? AND WHERE IS IT WITHIN THE ROOM? IE: 40" WIDE ABOVE THE COUCH or 50X60" OF SPACE TO FILL ABOVE A MANTLE
4. IF POSSIBLE, SEND ME A PHOTO OF THE ABOVE SPACE(s) DESCRIBED. DON'T WORRY ABOUT CLEANING IT UP OR MOVING ANYTHING EXISTING ON THE WALL. TRY TO GET A STRAIGHT ON SHOT, AND A SHOT AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE. THIS WILL HELP ME PHOTOSHOP A PIECE ON TO YOUR WALL TO HELP YOU VISUALIZE BEFORE YOU BUY! IF POSSIBLE, PLEASE TAPE A PIECE OF WHITE 8X11 SHEET OF PAPER TO THE WALL SO I CAN SCALE THE SIZE APPROPRIATELY, AND SHOW YOU EXACTLY WHAT CERTAIN SIZES (ie: 16x20 vs a 20x24) WILL LOOK LIKE.
Text it to: 724-889-3326
Or email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
* This design service is extremely helpful and totally free! Please take advantage of my offer to help design your walls!
5. WRITE DOWN THE NUMBERS OF YOUR FAVORITE IMAGES FROM THE SESSION THAT YOU ABSOLUTELY LOVE AND WOULD LIKE TO TRY IN THE ABOVE DESCRIBED SPACE ON YOUR WALL. ONCE YOU HAVE THEM PICKED OUT, EMAIL ME YOUR CHOICES OR BRING WITH YOU ON A SHEET OF PAPER TO YOUR PROOF APPOINTMENT.
6. THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU PREFER AS WALL ART? IE:
-ONE LARGE "WOW" FACTOR IMAGE
-A COLLAGE GROUPING OF DIFFERENT SIZE PIECES THAT GO TOGETHER
7. THINK ABOUT WHAT INTRIGUES YOU MOST IN TERMS OF MATERIAL TYPES. IE:
-PRINT IN FRAME
-SOMETHING DIFFERENT TO MAKE PEOPLE SAY WOW!
HERE ARE SOME IDEAS TO THINK ABOUT IF YOU LIKE THE IDEA OF A GROUPING!
IF YOU HAVE AT LEAST 15 IMAGES FROM YOUR SESSION THAT YOU LOVE AND MUST HAVE, I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND AN ALBUM! YOU HAVE TO ASK YOURSELF, WHAT SIZE ALBUM APPEALS TO YOU? DO YOU LIKE SMALL LIKE THE SIZE OF YOUR HANDS? DO YOU PREFER MEDIUM LIKE A MAGAZINE?... OR DO YOU LIKE AN EVEN LARGER SCALE ALBUM?
WHO DO YOU WANT TO GIVE PRINTS TO? WHAT SIZE WOULD THEY LIKE? DO YOU WANT TO INCLUDE A FRAME OR CANVAS?
WHERE ELSE DO YOU NEED SMALL SIZES? IE: Suggestions - mom's office desk, dad's wallet, grandma's wall, baby book, aunts, uncles, godparents, babysitters, teachers, friends?
CONSIDER WHAT PHOTOS ARE MOST LIKELY TO BE GIFTS? IE: Does grandma want a smiling photo, where as the office desk shot might be a great spot for a candid image of your child blowing the seeds off a dandelion? Go through your session, grab a piece of pen and paper and brainstorm like you see below. This will help you figure out exactly what you need for each of your family members.
Fill in your loved ones names here: Photo# and size they would like:
SPEAKING OF GIVING... IS THERE AN IMAGE FROM YOUR SESSION THAT YOU ALSO WANT TO USE FOR CARDS?
- Holiday cards
- Birthday invitations
- Birthday thank you cards
- Graduation invites
- Wedding save the dates or thank you cards
We also carry *most* of the products you see here on this site! We will customize any product you see with your photos! Just inquire for pricing if you find a product you really love.
When you see your proofs... Your images have been edited for color correction, cropping, general artist discretion changes (exposure, lighting, etc). This first round of edits does not include facial or body editing such as skin blemishes, removing shine, body changes, stains on clothing, stray hairs, removal of scars or unwanted items.
Don't disregard a photo just because of some of the options that can be changed with Photoshop that would make you love it. Please don't hesitate to inquire on what exactly can be done to your photos! Here are the 3 types of editing to consider when viewing your photos:
First tier editing: this is already completed on your photos when you see your proofs. It includes lighting, color, cropping, contrast.
Second tier editing: skin blemishes (2-3 blemishes total on face), face shine removal, skin smoothing, This cost is $9 per image, unless included in your product (see below).
Third tier editing: All second tier edits PLUS extensive acne (more than 5 blemishes total on face), or body editing such a reducing the size of arms or midsection of body (liquify). $12 per image
Fourth tier editing: braces removal, glasses glare removal, stray hair removal, color changes of clothing, detailed removal or addition of any items (these edits are sent to a third party editing company and will be charged per their rates, quoted by image).
Filters: addition of sunflare, clouds, more. Just inquire for more!
PRODUCTS THAT INCLUDE CERTAIN LEVELS OF EDITING:
- FLASH DRIVE: If you purchased the flash drive, you'll receive all your proofs as-is on the drive, with your choice of up to 10 images with second tier editing as described above. Higher tier editing, such as removal of braces, glasses glare, or stray hair removal is not included but can be quoted per image (these types of edits are sent out to an editing lab). If you purchased the flash drive, please email us at email@example.com with your choices for the extra editing. Keep in mind, you may not even NEED these 10 edits, or may just need it on a few of your images.
- PRINTS: All prints and wall art products INCLUDE the price of up to second tier editing in the print.
- ALBUMS: All photos in an album INCLUDE the price of up to second tier editing on all photos. To increase photos in the album to third tier editing, rate is $5 per image in album.
HOW TO FINALIZE YOUR ORDER WITH US:
PHONE - You can call us and we'll be happy to do an order with you by phone. We can discuss options and give you prices, etc.
EMAIL - If you have ordered before, or have a good idea of exactly what you want, email might be all you need to get your order sent to us for printing. If so, go ahead and send the email! We'll get back to you via email with any questions or amount $ due, if any.
WEBSITE - You can certainly place orders online, however it's my least preferred option. Online orders give me the least control over customizing your order since the order will go straight to the lab. I also can not apply a prepaid credit if you have one. But if you have a family member who just wants to order their own print, and it's a relatively simple order, feel free to let them order online. The order will be delivered directly to them so you don't have to worry about paying or picking up on their behalf. I think web is the best way for additional quick orders, and for family/friend orders.
IN PERSON - We call this a "proof appointment". If you choose to come in to order, bring this packet with you. Try to make a plan in advance of what you think you want (see all above!).