2017 Fall Exclusive Sessions
Pittsburgh & Greensburg Locations this year!!!
For the 4th year in a row, I've decided to bring back the fall exclusive sessions and add some exciting new features this year. I'll be doing my furniture outdoor in the leaves as usual at Bushy Run Battlefield in Jeannette/Greensburg area, AND a bonus Pittsburgh location at the Walled Garden at Mellon Park in the Shadyside area. As always, only a small number of appointments will be scheduled and after they fill up, we'll only have a waiting list in the case of a cancellation. So be sure to call and schedule early!
- SESSION DETAILS
- We will have TWO dates AND locations for fall sessions this year! Bushy Run (near Greensburg) and Mellon Park (Pittsburgh)
- If you can not get a session on these two dates, please inquire about booking a full session on another available date in late October. We will not have the same full set described below, but still provide some furniture pieces for private sessions.
- Session times will be in the afternoon. As much as I would love to have sessions available in the evening to accommodate work/school schedules, the sun setting early does not allow for that so we must work around the earth's rotation! (great excuse to take a half day from work!)
- Please arrive to your session on time & dressed in your outfit for the session (sorry no time for outfit changes)
- We will do our best to reschedule in the case of bad weather, by utilizing our rain dates if needed. So although I know this makes it hard to plan for, just keep in mind we'll do everything possible to make sure your session still happens before the leaves all fall but there is no guarantee if we are rained out for several days in a row.
- These will not be the length of a typical one hour session, but we will still be able to get a lot of fantastic images in this session. I prefer not to host "mini sessions" (a current common trend in the industry, which are a quick 15 minute session with one backdrop typically and less than 10 proofs). I want to allow for all the time needed to capture special images of your family, especially when we need that extra time for small children. However it needs to be shorter than a full regular session so that I can fit in several families per day since the time frame for leaves changing is so short. You will likely have anywhere from 25-30 proofs from this session, but of course that is subject to how the session goes with your family and could be more or less.
- LOCATIONS, SET & DATES
- BUSHY RUN - TUESDAY, OCT 17th (rain date Wednesday OCT 18th or 20th on if absolutely necessary, depending on forecast that week): This year we will be doing another settee very similar to the photos you see in this blog but a little more modern and lighter in color. We feel any fall attire works well with this color scheme. I will also photograph many "simple" images without the furniture as well. Our color scheme I am planning for the furniture is a tan (almost cream!) settee and a red chair! so feel free to play up the holiday theme if you want to, or we can skip the red chair in your session and keep to the neutrals! These sessions will take place within a small area so we will do as usual, and schedule these sessions 30 mins apart. You'll get a full session of individuals, siblings, and family shots all packed into this time frame.
- WALLED GARDEN IN MELLON PARK - FRIDAY, OCT 27th (rain date 28th or 29th depending on forecast that week): This park is located adjacent to Shadyside near The Center for the Arts building and Bakery Square and is amazing all on its own without needing to add any furniture or props. So we'll be doing the sessions here with the amazing scenery that park has to offer us. There are iron gates, amazing steps and stone work, old fountains, lots of trees for color and more.
- PACKAGE OPTIONS
- I am excited to offer a few options for packages this year at these special rates for these dates only!
- Basic package $475 - includes session fee & 20 high resolution digital files and a copyright release to print
- Deluxe package $650 - includes all above as well as a beautiful 4x6 saddle brown album with 20 pages
- Additional digital files, prints or products can be purchased a la carte in addition
- PAYMENT & SCHEDULING:
- Please call to reserve your time slot (724.889.3326) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- You can pay in full at the time of your session, cash is preferred and very much appreciated for these quick paced outdoor sessions, since credit cards must be run on my processor at the studio (dont have a mobile reader) but if you must use a credit card please contact me in advance about payment and I will arrange a way to accept it.
- Due to the fast paced nature of this type of day, we can only do one family per time slot. Cousins can be photographed together, however each family will be responsible for their own session fee if children are also photographed alone (ie: two time slots may be required, inquire if this is questionable). If you want to do an extended family photo with several families in one large group as well as individual family shots, you also may be required to book two time slots. Inquire for details.
- If both dates are bad weather we will do our best to reschedule you during the fall leaves timeframe. However, the leaves change quickly so the window of time is short, and we sadly can't control the weather (I'm still working on that invention!)
- A $100 cancellation fee will be applied if you cancel your time slot less than 3 days before your session.
- LOCATION AND CLOTHING:
- Here is my pinterest page for suggestions on clothing! https://www.pinterest.com/autumnstankay/fall-photography/